martes, 1 de abril de 2008

Past Simple

The Past simple is a verbal form to express the idea that an action started and finished at a specific time in the past.


the past simple is a verb tense. Is used to make a sentence in past:

Examples in regular form, this followings sentences are used in the daily life:

Present Past
I play in the school today <--> I played in the school yesterday
I fish a golden fish <--> I fished a golden fish yesterday

Example irregular form, this followings sentences are used in daily life and in informal conversation:

Present Past
I run in the school today <--> I ran in the school yesterday
I drink a water glass <--> I drank a water glass yesterday

Now, a brief list of a irregulars verbs:

be <--> was/were<-->been
beat<-->beat<-->beaten
become<-->became<-->become
begin<-->began<-->begun
bend<-->bent<-->bent
bet<-->bet<-->bet
bite<-->bit<-->bitten
blow<-->blew<-->blown
break<-->broke<-->broken
bring<-->brought<-->brought
build<-->built<-->built
burst<-->burst<-->burst
buy<-->bought<-->bought
catch<-->caught<-->caught
choose<-->chose<-->chosen
come<-->came<-->come
cost<-->cost<-->cost
cut<-->cut<-->cut
deal<-->dealt<-->dealt
dig<-->dug<-->dug
do<-->did<-->done
draw<-->drew<-->drawn
drink<-->drank<-->drunk
eat<-->ate<-->eaten

Credits & Bibliography:

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.